Download Membership Form
(Requires Acrobat Reader)
Join the KTPC
- Annual dues are $20.00 (includes $1.00 for the flower fund).
- Concerts are held on the second Sunday of even-numbered months.
- Members receive a membership card and a Quarterly newsletter.
- A member's jam is held every other Friday night in Louisville at Hopewell Church.
The Kentucky Thumbpickers Club was formed on April 1, 1990 and was the first thumbpicking club organized. At the organizational meeting dues were set at $15.00 (plus $1.00 for the flower fund) and officers were elected. K.T.P.C is non-profit and the monies collected from dues are used to:
1. Rent a place to meet (which is currently provided by Tuck Raisor at no cost to the club)
2. Furnish refreshments
3. Pay performers who play for the club.
4. Pay for the printing and mailing of the club newsletter.
The purpose of the club is to promote and perpetuate thumbstyle guitar playing as performed by the late Chet Atkins, Merle Travis and Jerry Reed.
K.T.P.C. is truly an international organization with members in Scotland, England, Australia, France and many states in the U.S. If you are interested in thumbstyle guitar the Kentucky Thumbpickers Club is for you! You may obtain more information by calling Scott Taylor at (606) 223-3576.
Please send a completed membership application and your check, made out to KTPC, to:
Kentucky Thumbpickers Club
1428 Corona Drive
Lexington, KY 40514
Return to Main Page